When will betta fry show egg spot?

Keeg

I can't remember exactly when I saw mine show, but it was around 2.5-3cm/1-1.5". What type of Betta are we talking about here? 

IME when it came to Plakats and other Thai fancy shorter fin imports, I didn't run into big issues with aggression while raising the fry in a 20H. Once the fry got to around 1" I split them into two 20H's just for bioload and pulled the odd super aggressive bullies once they became apparent. If you're dealing with short tails then I feel your frustration when it comes to figuring out who is what. 

On 9/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, Tihshho said:

I can't remember exactly when I saw mine show, but it was around 2.5-3cm/1-1.5". What type of Betta are we talking about here? 

IME when it came to Plakats and other Thai fancy shorter fin imports, I didn't run into big issues with aggression while raising the fry in a 20H. Once the fry got to around 1" I split them into two 20H's just for bioload and pulled the odd super aggressive bullies once they became apparent. If you're dealing with short tails then I feel your frustration when it comes to figuring out who is what. 

They're a cross between plakat and crowntail, so I dont know if they'll end up being ctpk or ct ot pk. Im hoping for at least one male ctpk. The biggest one is just barely 1", their parents are short bodied so I dont expect them to grow like regular fry. This is my first batch with this dad so im excited.