Help with Livebearer Acclimation

devind0446

I want to get endlers soon and put them in my 5 gallon planted tank that I use for quarantining before I move them into my 20 gallon planted tank. My normal tank parameters are 7.4 pH, 3 dGH, and 3 dKH. For my best chances of success, should I raise all 3 to higher levels and slowly bring them down over a few months before putting them into my normal water in the 20 gallon? What products should I use to do this? And how high should I get them? Thanks everyone for the help!

Assuming your current parameters are stable, I'd personally leave it as is. Doubly so if you're getting them from somewhere local that has similar water to you. If you're getting them from somewhere that has MUCH harder water then you *could* consider making an adjustment, but it's really easy to do that in a way that causes more harm than good. Since it sounds like your current parameters are what you're planning on using long term anyway, I'd expect you and the endlers to both be better off by not attempting to make any adjustments.

• Like 2