Fluval 3.0 nano on 15g Fluval Flex

DigDug

How do I word this without a backlash? I can't answer your nano questions, but I can answer how the 3.0's grow plants. 

Over priced, non RGB lights, with inferior PAR at current Fluval prices making them an absolute rip off. <---Is that a sentence? And they grow plants just, okay. Low light plants, sure, but demanding plants, err ummm. They can not create the better contrast that true RGB lights can. I'm selling all of my 3.0 lights and I've bought better lights for cheaper. 

Non RGB alone at a ridiculous price is a deal breaker.

Do some research but I would start here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NW6LPG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_QKQB0ZFZ6TGPXGGB4GVH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Mmiller2001

• 3 years later...
On 8/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

How do I word this without a backlash? I can't answer your nano questions, but I can answer how the 3.0's grow plants. 

Over priced, non RGB lights, with inferior PAR at current Fluval prices making them an absolute rip off. <---Is that a sentence? And they grow plants just, okay. Low light plants, sure, but demanding plants, err ummm. They can not create the better contrast that true RGB lights can. I'm selling all of my 3.0 lights and I've bought better lights for cheaper. 

Non RGB alone at a ridiculous price is a deal breaker.

Do some research but I would start here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NW6LPG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_QKQB0ZFZ6TGPXGGB4GVH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just curious (honestly). But if a “Non RGB alone at a ridiculous price is a deal breaker”. How did you acquire so many that you are selling them? Wouldn’t you have known both of these before ordering even one? 

I’ve seen quite a few good reviews on this his light; Cory, from Aquarium Co Op, even has a video praising it, so what’s the deal? I have a friend who owns a pet store in town, and he siliconed the Plant 3.0 in place of the stock light under the fluval flex 15 hood. And he is very satisfied with it.

I’m thinking I will silicone suction cups to the back of a Plant 3.0 instead; and attach it with vaseline to insure a good grip, after it cures. Reason being, I don’t feel comfortable leaving the tank uncovered for the length of time it takes for the silicone to cure directly to the lid. I have nerite snails, a yo-yo loach, and a panda garra, all of which have escapee reputations. I’ve also had one of my rainbows do a suicide jump during maintenance that I didn’t notice until it was too late. R.I.P.This will make time on station for the light swap much shorter.

I’ll post again with results. I don’t have the light yet. Hope this helps.

IMG_8861.jpeg.e8397760fd11c30e09da77f6c291f469.jpeg

On 8/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, teambedell said:

Wouldn’t you have known both of these before ordering even one?

Because I didn’t know at the time. Then I found out just how bad they are compared to higher end lighting. Then, comparing cost to performance, Fluval is severely over priced. 

• Like 1