Live blackworms

Mike_M

I'm trying a live blackworm culture for the first time using a 10 gallon tank with a sponge filter. No stores near me sell the worms so if I mess this up I have to drive 2.5 hours to get to a decent fish store that sells them, which is kinda nice because it's a good store, but I can't go up there all the time. I'm using methods I got from the internet (so they've just got to be true, right? 😄) but I'm wondering if any blackworm enthusiasts have any tips or anything they can share!

LRB Aquatics has some information about blackworm culturing on youtube. He keeps them in a 10 gal aquarium and feeds them fish food and shrimp food iirc. I recently tried to source some live blackworms, but the main farm in California is having water supply issues and so all their worm production has halted. Sorry I wasn't more help.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, David Ellsworth said:

LRB Aquatics has some information about blackworm culturing on youtube. He keeps them in a 10 gal aquarium and feeds them fish food and shrimp food iirc. I recently tried to source some live blackworms, but the main farm in California is having water supply issues and so all their worm production has halted. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Just checked it out! Thanks!