Help! Is this columnaris?

quikv6

I have a juvenile Platy with white lips. She eats voraciously,  and doesn't show any other symptoms of illness, other than the white lips.  (I don't know if they were always white,  as I have alot of these, but I really don't think so.)

I have her in a hospital tank,  and have done a full 5 day treatment of Furan 2 + Kanaplax. No change to the white lips. She is also in w/a TBSP of salt per 5 gallons. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I should do? I ordered Sulphaplex, but have other meds on hand. 

Thanks! 

20210507_134212.jpg

20210507_134005.jpg

20210507_134027.jpg

Has the mouth rot gotten worse or spread during treatment? Does it look inflamed at all? If not, I'd just observe at this point. I had a tetra with mouth rot a month ago, the 'fungus' went away but the scales/skin are still healing up. He acts completely normal and looks a lot better, but it takes a good awhile to close up.

It's hard to tell, to be honest. There never appeared to be a fungal/cotton-like issue. The lips just seemed noticeable whiter one day, and they have kind of stayed that way. The upper lip looks like it may have receded a tad, but again, it's so tough to tell.

I have fungus cure, but I don't think there's a fungal issue here. And being I've tried Furan 2 and Kanaplex with no improvement, I am not sure what my next step would be.

15 minutes ago, quikv6 said:

It's hard to tell, to be honest. There never appeared to be a fungal/cotton-like issue. The lips just seemed noticeable whiter one day, and they have kind of stayed that way. The upper lip looks like it may have receded a tad, but again, it's so tough to tell.

I have fungus cure, but I don't think there's a fungal issue here. And being I've tried Furan 2 and Kanaplex with no improvement, I am not sure what my next step would be.

I'm no expert and I unfortunately don't have much advice, other than wait-and-see or some aquarium salt in the tank just in case. If she isn't getting worse I would wait, try to take pictures to remind yourself how it looked, and monitor. I AM seeing some pictures on google of platy with lighter lips, so it might not be abnormal for her. It's hard to tell from the photos how intense the white discoloration is on her face!

I know for my tetra it looked like he had a fuzzy white mustache while the infection was active.