Hey hey - I'm Chris from Michigan

aquachris

Just noticed this on a FB group so thought I'd check it out.  Love Cory's videos, and love what Aquarium Co-Op and him do for the community!

So lets see, I need to count how many tanks I have... I have 7 🙂  1 5 gallon, 3x 10 gallons, a 29 gallon, a 32 gallon (biocube), and a 210 gallon.  However, thats not where I'm stopping, I also have not in use yet a 75 gallon, a 40 gallon, a 20 gallon and a 20 gallon long.  Of course, it doesn't end there!  My son has 2 aquarium's in his room (18, so its his tanks fully) and has a 5 gallon nd a 29 gallon.  

For our tanks, we have in them (scattered in tanks), guppies, bristlenose plecos, green spotted puffer (brackish will go marine in my 75), red cherry shrimp, pea puffers, otto catfish, many pest snails, silver dollars, oscars and a salvini cichlid.  Oh my 5 gallon has a culture of brine shrimp...

I am working on a tank rack for my office to put some aquariums in one place... I hope to post some pics of that sometime and share my process on that (getting close to being done).  

Here's some pics of my water tribe

image.png.1293f77a9b79fbda58a1e1d5ddd0af05.png

image.png.c881b9fa0145a908168be572f1a68358.png

image.png.225d500fda9b7406fb645850284ac22d.png

image.png.d30b917c967de1407fd8acdf5732e7ee.png

image.png.7a00c476607d4403db3a13e1888a6415.png

image.png.2d29d067ac9ab9389551eff7b333309b.png

image.png.f01e2f22d16f2e34dc8d37052a2c42c1.png

image.png.1b5ef0ac7a7eb9d1b8f151a205ce00fd.png

Pic of my rack I'm building (just got poly'd here)

image.png.2f5bac681c96365fcc179f5c18c9db0c.png

Edited by aquachris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alison said:

Hi! Also in Michigan. I love your little murder beans. I only have one tank set up currently but someday there shall be murder beans.

LOL.  Yeah, they are great to watch... I had more but lost a few after getting them as they had ich.  Whats odd is only they had it, and the ottos were with them never got it.  Either way both got treated... The surviving ones are doing awesome now (you can see in pics) and growing well.  They love to hunt for baby snails all day, and really enjoy going after the brine shrimp (which I just love watching).

Currently they are in a 29g - I am thinking on moving them to a 20, and maybe get a couple more (if I can ever source them).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aquachris said:

LOL.  Yeah, they are great to watch... I had more but lost a few after getting them as they had ich.  Whats odd is only they had it, and the ottos were with them never got it.  Either way both got treated... The surviving ones are doing awesome now (you can see in pics) and growing well.  They love to hunt for baby snails all day, and really enjoy going after the brine shrimp (which I just love watching).

Currently they are in a 29g - I am thinking on moving them to a 20, and maybe get a couple more (if I can ever source them).  

Have you gone to watercolors? I know the ones they had were already sold and a special order, but they haven't gotten some pea puffers in.  They will place special orders at a customers request as well. I'm waiting for one myself. Nothing super exciting just some pygmy corys.

13 minutes ago, Alison said:

Have you gone to watercolors? I know the ones they had were already sold and a special order, but they haven't gotten some pea puffers in.  They will place special orders at a customers request as well. I'm waiting for one myself. Nothing super exciting just some pygmy corys.

Actually thats where I got them from 🙂  My work is dangerously close as well.  

2 minutes ago, aquachris said:

Actually thats where I got them from 🙂  My work is dangerously close as well.  

HAHAHA Yea it's a really great place I absolutely love it. I have a feeling thanks to them I'll have a new tank rather sooner than I had planned. I really love the threadfin rainbows they have.