Fish swimming reverse

Chandra

Not sure whats going on but one of my killiefish stopped eating for a week and today I saw the fish lie below.

I see some red marks on the body not sure if its damage or any disease. Can anyone help me in saving this fish?

I added some A+ salt dosing in a separate container and move it for now.

0a077c2b-0e73-4605-b1d8-9d4a09d5233b.JPG

0bce1e60-666a-45cf-ae7d-f5a53c898ffd.JPG

64e391bb-dbb5-4d33-ba57-a58eaaffba14.JPG

db5f8b0a-201c-45d6-867b-4e40220f943e.JPG

I'm so sorry to hear that! When my fish have had red spots/streaks in the past, I usually suspect bacterial infections or chemical burns (from chlorine, pH crash, ammonia, etc). Aquarium salt is definitely a good route, especially in a bare tank like that. If you haven't seen it already, here's the official salt dosing regimen recommended by Cory. Best of luck with your killifish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irene said:

I'm so sorry to hear that! When my fish have had red spots/streaks in the past, I usually suspect bacterial infections or chemical burns (from chlorine, pH crash, ammonia, etc). Aquarium salt is definitely a good route, especially in a bare tank like that. If you haven't seen it already, here's the official salt dosing regimen recommended by Cory. Best of luck with your killifish.

Thank you Irene. I lost the fish yesterday.

Unfortunately, salt and plants usually don't mix. If it were me, I would:

• Measure the water parameters in the planted tank (checking for pH, chlorine, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, temperature, etc)
  • Do a thorough tank cleaning (vacuum the substrate, change some water, clean the filter, wipe the glass on the inside and outside)
  • Treat with an antibiotic like Maracyn or treat with the whole quarantine med trio (Maracyn, Ich-X, ParaCleanse) if needed