Blueberry snails are having babies

I was doing a water change of 12.5% today, so 5 gallons of 40. That gave me some time to really look at my 40 breeder tank and I realized there are at least five baby blueberry snails in there. So that is cool. IMG_6529.jpeg.4e5aa28aae55182ecc845ba933310228.jpeg

here is one of them. 

Edited by Retrophyllum_minus
  • Love 4

On 10/11/2024 at 3:12 PM, knee said:

Congrats! I have trapdoor snails that look similar to them and so far I have 4 babies. Those snails are on my wishlist tho cause they're so cute 😅

They are notoriously tricky, and honestly I've had more luck than skill in keeping them.

On 10/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, Justnotrook said:

I’m just surprised you managed to get some.

I actually got them from somewhere that Cory recommended during one of his lives that I was listening to as a podcast while I was driving. Had them shipped cross country but it worked out. 

On 10/11/2024 at 3:32 PM, Retrophyllum_minus said:

somewhere that Cory recommended during one of his lives

Yes, I've heard shout outs for 2 of my favorite spots. Which is great, and the Boss can talk about who he wants to. 😁 I even heard him give a shout out to Jason Adams, who runs my favorite channel.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 3:49 PM, Tony s said:

the Boss can talk about who he wants to.

Exactly haha. I'm not certain if I can mention the place I got them here on the forum publicly but if anyone is curious I suppose a DM would work. Or go listen through Cory's lives til you find it - I don't remember which one it was in! 

• Like 1

The LFS I trade all my fish I breed to had them at one point. I thought about snatching some up, but wasn’t super interested, and didn’t have a tank I’d want to put them in. 

Just checked the LFS website and it shows them in stock. And they ship! If anybody wants the LFS send me a message and I’ll point you in the right direction. 

• Like 1