Cyano Aftermath

Hey all, so I believe I had a tank with cyano, so I “cured” it with slime out. This being said, how would you go about cleaning up the aftermath mess? Pull everything out and clean it individually, gravel vac, and water change? There’s basically dead cyano covering everything in the tank… thanks for your time 

On 10/10/2024 at 6:58 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

I tried to siphon it off of everything but for some reason it didn’t want to dislodge,

I Fight with it my 75g. It's like brown fuzz and it does not come off of things. Toothbrushes on rock does nothing. I'm hoping the fritz slime out works better this time. I tried a combination of maracyn and maracyn2 last time. I completely crashed the tank. I believe it was too much dead material as @PonyPlantedTanks said. Water turned white and the fish were all gasping for air. I lost several before I saw what was going on. then everybody else went into different tanks for a couple of weeks

• Sad 2

I used Slime Out on my tank and it worked like a charm in two doses. But on the second time I waited an extra day to do a water change and my nitrites skyrocketed. Thankfully ammonia was fine and fish were fine.

On 10/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

it didn’t want to dislodge

In that case, taking things out and scrubbing with a toothbrush might be more effective. I honestly don’t see much cyano in the picture, so the Slime Out definitely did it’s job!

Is that a puffer I see?!😍

• Like 1