Centerpiece help

Rc78

Hello all. I have an unheated 29 gallon take with 9 WCMM, 9 Neon Teras, 5 Corys. I have no idea what to get for a centerpiece fish… either 1 that can be alone or a pair. I understand if it’s a pair the size would have to be smaller. No big deal. So, if you feel inclined, drop me some suggestions. Thanks.

On 10/3/2024 at 8:22 PM, Rc78 said:

Hard water. 

Okay, nothing wrong with hard water. But there are a couple of showy ones you can't do. namely Apistogramma and German rams. They will just fade on you. Now, you could do Bolivian rams on the lower half, and that would be nice. 

29g is a nice size, but still too small for things like angels. 

The other limiting factor you have is the neon tetras. Anything of a sufficient size is going to make lunch of those. You may be able to try these but be careful with the small ones. I haven't tried these with neons before. 1 electric blue acara, 1  kribensis, 1 or 2 pearl gourami. 

I think if it was my tank I'd go with a bolivian ram and an albino bristlenose pleco. and possibly 1 kribensis. no pairs, the possibility of breeding is going to be too rough on the wccms and the neons. If you want to try breeding, get a pair of super red or albino plecos and that's it. With a well-placed cave or 2 they can defend