New 10G Tank Unleveled, Should I Worry?

ArthurLK11

I set up a new 10G Aqueon Rimless tank yesterday. I thought it was level, but today I noticed it isn't. Not sure if I missed it yesterday or if it settled overnight and became unlevel. It is sitting on a sturdy bedroom dresser on a carpeted floor. The water level in the front left corner is higher than the other three corners. You can see everything in the pictures. Should I be worried about this?

IMG_20240915_212601899.jpg

IMG_20240915_212618793.jpg

IMG_20240915_212625960.jpg

IMG_20240915_212656728.jpg

IMG_20240915_212731421.jpg

In my experience, if it slants in one direction then you’re good. I have a 10 and a 29 in my bedroom that slant in one direction, and I’ve had no issues other than it’s kind of annoying. 

Now, if it started to slant in an additional direction, as in right now it’s tilting to the left, and then it started to tilt to the front in addition, slanting in multiple directions is the problem. It essentially “twists” the tank and it will fail. 

My tanks have been slanting for 3 years now and no issues. I think often about taking the tanks off, turning the piece of furniture over (it’s an 8 cube organizer, so it’s symmetrical. The bottom could become the top if I wanted to), and then putting the tanks back on. But that’s a lot of work in a pretty confined space. And it might be for nothing, so I haven’t done it. Personally, I haven’t had any issues. I wouldn’t stress it. 

I’ve also thought about shimming under the tanks to level them back out, but that seems like it would add more stress and could lead to failure, so I just leave them be. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes
  • Like 1