Just got some black neons!!

Need some ideas for the next tank setup? I just got some black neons to add to my 20 gallon, It has 2 Bolivian rams and 11 neon tetras, 3 bronze Corey catfish, 1 S.A.E, and now 6 black neons the ph is relatively low (around 6.5-6.4) and the tank sits at 76 degrees. they absolutely thrive amazingly!

IMG_5018.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/25/2024 at 10:54 PM, TrevorK said:

Need some ideas for the next tank setup? I just got some black neons to add to my 20 gallon, It has 2 Bolivian rams and 11 neon tetras, 3 bronze Corey catfish, 1 S.A.E, and now 6 black neons the ph is relatively low (around 6.5-6.4) and the tank sits at 76 degrees. they absolutely thrive amazingly!

IMG_5018.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

I'm assuming the Black Neons are wild caught but regardless the PH is perfect for them. Those Neons colors are intense reminds of Cardinal Tetra. @TrevorK

That's a nice tank.  The plants are really healthy .

One thing I didn't know starting out was that many fish need a larger group to be happy.  For example the Corys like to have at least six members of the same type to be secure and happy.  If you add another 3 Bronze Corys  I bet you'll see a good change in behavior as they are a playful fish in number.