First Post; Hope Your Can Assist Me.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:53 PM, GPounda said:

I guess I'm confused about the overflow tank

Not actually an overflow flow tank. That’s what they call a sump filter. It takes the place of any in tank filter. The sponges, hobs, and canisters. Works really well but you have to have the space for one. Fortunately, this aquarium comes equipped with it 

So I've found a 125 Gallon on Marketplace.  It comes with the stand, and an OASE Boimaster Thermo 600, no CO2 system, or Powerheads, the tank he bought used, so I would be the 3rd owner.

Question, is it worth $500, or should I keep looking?

• Love 1

Is the tank glass or acrylic.  Depending on the age of the aquarium if it is glass manufacturers usually recommend Resealing the tank every 10 years.  Any tank can leak.  I usually will only buy used acrylic tanks from popular manufacturers 75 gallons or above.  Depending on the age of the tank and if you needed to seal it or how much it might cost you to get the tank resealed would help to determine if it is a great deal.  I think it is a good price If the tank is glass, only a couple years old and comes with stand and filter.  

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 1:23 PM, GPounda said:

So I've found a 125 Gallon on Marketplace.  It comes with the stand, and an OASE Boimaster

Even if the tank is completely junk. The filter and the stand are worth the 500$. Assuming they’re both in good shape. Stands by themselves are expensive.

• Like 1