Anything I can do to make sure my fish survive?

P33

What else can I do for my fish? I've had a cycled tank for over 4 months now. Recently I've been having some issues with fish dying from various diseases etc. Most recently I was suggested to treat the tank for parasite using Expel - 2. I completed the first dose and did a water change as directed 24 hours later then added Purigen to capture the rest. After couple of days the water started getting cloudy and I made the mistake of not checking the parameters immedietly. Instead I added another Purigen to clear the water as I've done before. The next day since the water was not clearing up I checked the parameters and it looks like the medication crashed the cycle. Both Ammonia and Nitrites were present. I immedietly did 50% water change and stopped feeding. Also added Prime and Stability. 2 days later I repeated the process as Nitrites were still present. This time I also added Fritzyme 7. I will continue to monitor the parameters and do water changes as needed etc. However is there anything else I can do for the fish to ensure they survive. My Lemon pleco is starting to lose his color and my Gouramie is not looking the greatest. He has some damage to his fin. Please help me save my fish! 

• Sad 1

Sorry for this tuff scenario. Do you have another tank? That has good parameter's, any QT tanks? Because ammonia is definitely not good for fish and even worse with nitrite. Add bacteria and add some prime to the tank every day or two, don’t add any more expel as well. @P33,

Unfortunately no extra tank. Thankfully the Ammonia went back down to zero for now but still have around 2.0ppm of Nitrites. Will be doing another water change and adding more Fritzyme. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 Hope my fish pull through. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, P33 said:

Unfortunately no extra tank. Thankfully the Ammonia went back down to zero for now but still have around 2.0ppm of Nitrites. Will be doing another water change and adding more Fritzyme. 🙏🙏🙏🙏 Hope my fish pull through. 

Oh ok, that is ok, as long as you do this. do a big and i mean big wc @P33

Edited by Whitecloud09