Greetings from Oregon!

Hi All!

I'm just getting back in the hobby after two decades. I am currently stocking a 40-gallon tank. Right now, it just has long fin corys, green neon tetras, mystery snails, and a single cardinal tetra that snuck in with the green neons. To be fair, they are juveniles and the coloring was the same for the first couple of weeks. I still haven't decided what to do about the cardinal, but he is schooling with the green neons and seems happy right now. I am thinking of starting a nano tank with school of cardinals for him to join, but I am more concerned about making sure this tank is stable first. The plan for this tank is to add a betta and maybe a school of ember tetras (or similar) depending on how the tank is doing. For now, the corys rule the tank and are having a great time.

I am getting ready to set up a smaller tank as a bachelor pad for the betta so I can quarantine him and observe his behavior before putting him in the big tank. If I decide he is too aggressive, then he has a home. If he works out, then I will have a nano tank ready for a school of cardinals or something else.

See below for the cory tax.

--JennF60BF5FA-1451-46CE-A46E-695ABF80196D_1_105_c.jpeg.d6c07fdeb376e3ffed01a053c558cafa.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks. It was supposed to be a video of happy Cory wiggles, but I’m still learning this platform. They are hilarious to watch. One of them took a nap on a snail today. 

• Like 1