Back to nature removal?

If it's silicone its just going to take some pulling and scraping and keep pulling it out as it releases so you can get to the lower parts. There is no easier solution. You can use razor blade paint scraper and it would work well for scraping silicone just be very careful of the seams on your tank.

• Like 1

Agreed with @Jovius

Do you want to pull it out in 1 piece or is breaking it an option? If salvaging is required, then patiently prying and a super long handle razor blade holder will do the trick. If breaking it is acceptable, then be less patient. Either way, keep the blade at least 4” from your seams, this way you have some leeway if you slip. Good luck

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 9:38 PM, mynameisnobody said:

Agreed with @Jovius

Do you want to pull it out in 1 piece or is breaking it an option? If salvaging is required, then patiently prying and a super long handle razor blade holder will do the trick. If breaking it is acceptable, then be less patient. Either way, keep the blade at least 4” from your seams, this way you have some leeway if you slip. Good luck

It's a tank I bought second hand for a friend and she said I could have the background IF I managed to remove it without harming the aquarium or scratching the glass

If I am unable to do this she will just simply get the background along with the tank. I care more about aquascaping and aesthetics than her but she doesn't mind it

On 7/15/2024 at 9:40 PM, Pepere said:

What size is the aquarium?

50L or around 14 gallons I think

Edited by VanDogh

Personally I would leave it there….

It looked to be a smaller tank.  If someone didnt want it in there, my advice would be to get a new tank.  Small ones are cheap enough it wouldnt be worth the agravation to work at removing it…