Monte Carlo Co2 setup?

Hi all! I recently bought a monte carlo tissue culture for my 3 gal planted aquarium as I read that its one of the easier carpeting plants to keep. I currently have a decent light but no co2 set up and was hoping for some guidance in the care and keeping of my plant. 

I unfortunately wasn't able to do the DSM because I am adding it to an already full tank, so I am a little worried about the plant not being able to get its roots established in the substrate (I'm currently using UN controsoil). In addition, I was wondering if any people have had much success using Co2 tablets and a diffuser. I'm hesitant to invest in a full on Co2 system especially since i've read monte carlo can grow without Co2 just much slower but I'm worried that it will have a hard time growing and establishing roots without Co2. 

I'd love your input on this and also any suggestions for an alternative / lower budget Co2 system (I was looking into DIY systems so any tips for this would be much appreciated). Thx so much! 🫡

• Love 1

Ive got monte carlo growing like crazy in here, and it is definetely a really easy plant so far. This is a pretty low tech tank with an 8$ nicrew light and a diy yeast and sugar Co2 system.1717364634729459773616606567815.jpg.df722b1f33720004b344073cc90bb8d0.jpg I must say planting monte carlo is an absolute nightmare and took me way to long cuz everything would just float up.  After the initial planting i had no problems with the plant rooting in sand which is probably harder than aquasoil. im also not dosing much ferts either. What creatures are in this 3gal? 20240602_143055.jpg.5f9628a414b11ce7b1924db3aa93c550.jpg

Posted (edited)

@Sciurus Thanks for the insight! I'll look into a DIY Co2 system for my tank. Was there any guide that you used that you found particularly helpful?

Your tank looks awesome. I have a beta and a few shrimp in my tank. 

Edited by spoodles
  • Love 1