Do I need to quarantine ghost shrimp?

I would like to eventually add some ghost shrimp to my aquarium- as tank mates, not dinner. I got some from my local fish store a while back for a different aquarium and one definitely had a horsehair parasite. Thankfully I noticed before I added it to the tank. I quarantined that guy but he died the next morning. 
If I need to quarantine, do I medicate? 
I am hoping to head to the Aquarium Co Op retail store next week, so if they sell them, I am sure they will have already been quarantined. However, I live about an hour and a half away, so I'm nervous about getting them home safe, which is why I was planning on getting them closer to home. 

I'm thankful for any advice! 

I would quarantine anything no matter where it comes from. Why not you already have the tank. Only add meds if you see something while in quarantine. I don't take meds if I'm not sick fish are no different.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2024 at 5:59 PM, mynameisnobody said:

Inverts don’t react to fish meds as a traditional fish quarantine does. To my knowledge, best you can do is isolate it. 

So if you isolate and see something wrong like a  parasite what do you do? The only thing I know about shrimp is how to cook them no offence to shrimp lovers