Green Corydora - injury or fungus?

Fishguytexas

Hello - 

My sons corydora has what appears to be a white or silver patch near the tail.  It also seemed to have a crooked body that looked like it may have been injured in some way.  However, he is acting normal with a good amount of energy.  This is our first experience of this kind and we are hoping someone can help us identify the issue.  I've included the best picture I could get and our ph is 7.2.  I will try to get other measurements later today.  Thank you in advance for your help!

PXL_20240404_214058221.MP.jpg

It is hard to know what is causing that pale area near your fish's tail, but I agree that it looks suspicious.

The most important thing you can do when fish have compromised skin (whether from injuries or something else) is to keep the water quality pristine and maintain excellent hygiene in your tank. This includes keeping the ammonia and nitrites at zero. Large water changes (50%+, but making sure that the temperature and general parameters of the new water are the the same as the water in the aquarium) help keep the water free of bacteria and other pathogens that can cause a secondary infection on the compromised skin; clean water is almost like a clean Band-Aid protecting the fish's skin.

I hope your fish improves!