Stock recommendations on a 20 gallon long

Farron

Hello, I have a moderately planted 20 gallon long (my first tank) and my current plan for the stock is

• 12 harlequin rasboras
  • 6 albino corys
  • 2 amano shrimp
  • 1 honey gourami

I inputted this into aqadvisor and says its at 82% stocking level. I heard that site is pretty conservative, so I was wondering what more can I put into this tank? I prefer fish rather than invertebrates for the new additions. On the top of my head maybe Apistogramma cacatuoides? Would they be fine with the corys? What other fish can fit in with no problems?

Yeah, you have so many combinations. You might take the honeys to 3 or 4. They would be alright with more. You could add in a tetra like bleeding hearts. A tight schooling fish like brilliant green rasbora. Even a small bodied angel fish would work. Thinking koi

On 2/24/2024 at 7:43 AM, mynameisnobody said:

don’t put an angelfish in a 20 long

Actually correct. Not used to dimensions of long/tall tanks. Although I’ve seen them in worse 

coop say 20 long is sufficient for praecox  mine are in a 75

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj926Gxk8SEAxUOIzQIHV0nBYsQFnoECA4QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aquariumcoop.com%2Fblogs%2Faquarium%2Fdwarf-neon-rainbowfish&usg=AOvVaw1BgyFa6F3N8dJ1d6Ifu_e2&opi=89978449

Edited by Tony s

Personally, is get more corys. Or at least that's what I would tell myself to do but then I'd be tempted to get something new.

If you have a lid you could get a pair of Aphyosemion Australe or Aphyosemion Striatum. Both are peaceful but prolific jumpers so you'll need a lid.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 9:37 AM, Schuyler said:

Personally, is get more corys

Yes…. Always get more corys 😃. They behave much more confidently in larger groups. I had six skunks, they hid all the time, I went to 12 now they’re everywhere 

• Like 1