Is there something wrong with my Female Flowerhorn?

seevuplay

Hello!

I'm new to the Flowerhorn world! So here is the situation.  I've got a paired up set of FH.  For the past month or more they have been exhibiting breeding behaviors. Moving substrate, slightly aggressive behavior towards each other.  For the past couple of days, the female has been just seen bobbing at the surface. She will interact with the male for a few seconds, but will then return to the bobbing position.  She has also stopped eating. Does this normally happen before egg laying or could this be a symptom of something worse?? I've got a livestream of the fish up 24/7 if anyone would like to observe their behaviors.  https://www.twitch.tv/seevuplay  

Thank You for any and all help! 

SeeVuPlay

On 2/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, seevuplay said:

Hello!

I'm new to the Flowerhorn world! So here is the situation.  I've got a paired up set of FH.  For the past month or more they have been exhibiting breeding behaviors. Moving substrate, slightly aggressive behavior towards each other.  For the past couple of days, the female has been just seen bobbing at the surface. She will interact with the male for a few seconds, but will then return to the bobbing position.  She has also stopped eating. Does this normally happen before egg laying or could this be a symptom of something worse?? I've got a livestream of the fish up 24/7 if anyone would like to observe their behaviors.  https://www.twitch.tv/seevuplay

Thank You for any and all help! 

SeeVuPlay

@seevuplay How does the one look that's at the surface any torn fins or missing scales? How did you find out it was a proven pair?