Shipping issue. Need some advice

knee

I ordered some fish from Aquahuna last week and I had it delivered to my work address. I did this because USPS left my package at a different apartment building last time and they gave me hell when I tried to get a refund. 

I placed my order last week and expected them to ship on Tuesday of this week, which they did but my estimated arrival date is on Saturday 😭

I was expecting it to arrive by Thursday or Friday the latest. I already asked my boss if I can come on Saturday and he said yes. But I have a friend that used to work at USPS and he informed me that if USPS is aware that a business is closed on weekend or on a certain day, they usually hold the packages in the post office until the business opens. I’m still hoping that the arrival date will change but I’m not expecting. 

What are my other option incase USPS does skip my office on weekends? I don’t wanna pay an extra $30 just to intercept the package. I’m so stressed out because I’m worried about the fish. I just want to make sure that I get them on Saturday. 

IMG_0031.jpeg.e64e72e6ed03ee751ece1bd613974907.jpeg

Edited by knee

On 1/3/2024 at 10:49 PM, Galabar said:

So, we are talking about 6 days for fish (Tuesday to Monday)?  That might be stretching things a bit.

If I miss the Saturday delivery then yes. I wouldn’t have minded if it was during the summer but it’s starting to get cold here already.

@knee Did you ever receive the fish? If I were in your shoes, from this point forward, I’d schedule every delivery for pickup at the post office. It stinks that you’d have to do that, but it’s better than the stress of the worry. 

Edited by mynameisnobody
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:40 AM, mynameisnobody said:

@knee Did you ever receive the fish? If I were in your shoes, from this point forward, I’d schedule every delivery for pickup at the post office. It stinks that you’d have to do that, but it’s better than the stress of the worry. 

It changed to today! I’m so relieved but you’re right. If I’m ordering fish I don’t mind leaving work 15 minutes early just to make it to the post office. Thank you for the advice! I’ll start doing this for future orders.

• Like 1