Co-op Regulator Suddenly Operating at 0 - Can't increase

Trevor.Prescott

I set up the co-op regulator yesterday, and everything was working as intended. All levels were within the ranges suggested in the instructions. Operating gauge was at 45, bubble counter at about 1 bps.

Today, the operating pressure is at, or almost 0. I cannot turn the operating pressure vale anymore to the right. The cylinder pressure gauge looks the same, or close to what it read yesterday.

What do I do?

PXL_20231207_144705995.NIGHT.jpg

Good to know I'm not the only one. I sent an e-mail to CS right before posting here, so that's off and runnin'.

I just tried degassing, taking the reg off, the putting it back on, re-gassing, and the Operating Pressure was still at, or very close to 0.

Obviously a bummer, but I have faith in the CS team; I've had nothing but good interaction with them in the past. This regulator didn't even last 1 full day.

CS e-mailed me back, and advised me to turn the bottom pressure relief valve 1/2 turn counterclockwise.

Happy birthday to me, functionality has been restored. I'll keep an eye on the system close for the next couple days, but as of right now, things are going how they should be.

I've had to interact with Co-op's CS twice, and they've been wonderful both times. Offered the best resolutions.

• Like 1

CS e-mailed me back, and advised me to turn the bottom pressure relief valve 1/2 turn counterclockwise.

Happy birthday to me, functionality has been restored. I'll keep an eye on the system close for the next couple days, but as of right now, things are going how they should be.

I've had to interact with Co-op's CS twice, and they've been wonderful both times. Offered the best resolutions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Following up on this, I am having a similar issue. Each day I find the operating pressure at 0 when I return home from work. I haven't found a consistent way to fix this yet. Can you describe how you were told by CS to fix it again? I'm not sure what you mean by "bottom pressure relief valve".

Thank you!

The relief valve is on the bottom side of the round disk the gauges are attached to. You’ll see a slot for a screw driver or a coin. 1/2 turn counter clock wise should do it. Maybe a little more if needed. Same thing happened to mine. The Aquarium Co-op customer service is the BEST!