RO System

Shadow

On 11/17/2023 at 8:35 PM, Galabar said:

There are some cheaper ones on Amazon (< $100) that come without the storage container, but with faucet adapters.

For re-mineralization, I use:

1/2 tsp per 5 gallons SeaChem Equilibrium (to get 4 GH)

1/2 tsp per 5 gallons SeaChem Alkaline Buffer (to get 4 KH)

1/4 tsp per 10 gallons sea salt mix (for a bit of extra salt)

Nice! I already have both SeaChem Equilibrium & Alkaline Buffer, plus some aquarium salt from ACO. Should be good to go for minerals according to your mix. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, Shadow said:

Found a water storage container and a system on Amazon. Should both work like a charm. 

Great.  Note that, if you use those pressurized cylinders that come with the RO kits, you get very inefficient filtration, as the pressure in the cylinder fights against the membrane.  For aquariums, folks just empty it into a storage container like a Brute trashcan (which might be what you got). 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 10:06 PM, Galabar said:

Great.  Note that, if you use those pressurized cylinders that come with the RO kits, you get very inefficient filtration, as the pressure in the cylinder fights against the membrane.  For aquariums, folks just empty it into a storage container like a Brute trashcan (which might be what you got). 

I bought a plastic storage drum for water or whatever liquids and a faucet adapter RO system w/o the storage tank so I can hook it to my exterior water source I plan on using outside my fish room. 

• Like 2