More plants for Walstad Jar?

I've read that swords go well in such a setup but wasn't sure what to try as I have never grown any. Micro sword or dwarf chain? I can pull some plants from other tanks, have in fact. Java Moss, Dwarf Sag and Bacopa. I have extra Java fern too, but I am not the biggest fan of it. I seem to grow more algae than fern regardless of what tank I plant it in (other than the bucket I float it in with ambient light). Any alternatives to that would interesting too. Maybe something that grows just a wee bit faster Oh, my val is finally throwing runners but that would get way too big for this jar. 

Basically, I am just looking for general plant suggestions for this project. 

Medium(ish) light is what it is looking like this project is going to end up with. Maybe closer to low considering the Salvinia atop the jar. Cool hardwater higher ph tank fwiw. 

On 10/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, JoeQ said:

Algae problems, float a bunch of hornwort!

I have a load of Salvinia on the way fwiw. No hornwort yet. I have noticed that in my cubes that filtering the light, a lot, is making a difference. Still learning with every step, I take. I'll add hornwart to the list! Thank you.