Goldfish Patio Pond “Migration” Question

Stef

Hi All, so my first summer with a patio pond is coming to an abrupt end as temps in the Chicago area have dropped to the 50s with high 40s overnight. I had always planned to bring my three goldfish inside so I don’t fret over them all winter long. Anyway, their “migration” tank in the basement is ready for them and its water temp is around 70-72F. Their outside tub is 60F (heated). 
My question is what to use to float them to acclimate to the warmer indoor tank temp. I did not expect them to grow so much in such a short time. They are 5” with one being a little bigger/older at about  6”  Do you use gallon zip loc bags (1 bag per fish)?  A small bucket?  Clean Tupperware?  Ask the LFS for a big plastic bag?  They are really fast/strong swimmers. 

Toss them in their own 5 gallon buckets and slowly add 2 cups of the aquarium water every 10 mins or so. I’d also use an airstone.
You could also float them with zip locs or fish store bags. If you have any variety of common goldfish, then you’ve got nothing to worry about, they’re as tough as nails. 

On 10/9/2023 at 12:02 AM, mynameisnobody said:

Toss them in their own 5 gallon buckets and slowly add 2 cups of the aquarium water every 10 mins or so.

Genius!  I’ve got buckets galore, I like this no float method!  Thank you!!!

They are calico/ shubunkin and sarasa comets. 

• Like 1