Corydoras elegans hiding

Zeaqua

Hi all! So a few months ago, I was in my LFS when I noticed a new fish that I had never heard of, the elegant corydoras. After researching them that night, I knew that I wanted to try and breed them, so I went back the following day and bought them. At first, they were somewhat active, swimming midwater (as the species is known to do) the tank all together, but now, I rarely see them. Every time there is one in the front of the tank, it darts away as soon as it sees me. One thing to note is that they aren't even together in a shoal when I do. I might spot one hiding behind a sponge filter, or another under a catappa leaf, and they barely leave the substrate, which as i've heard, is quite unusual for their species. Their tank is somewhat heavily planted with swords, java fern, and water sprite, and I have about 6 Endler´s with them as well as a few juvenile mystery snails.  The floating water sprite causes the lights to be somewhat dimmed, and the parameters are in check. Does anyone know if this is a naturally shy species, or if there is anything I can do to encourage them to be more active?