Help sex these Trout Goodeid

Razberry910

To my eye you definitely have a trio,  the one with the notch in the anal fin is the male. A few things to consider with the lack of fry could be the parents predating them,  certain insects could eat them, temps were to warm for them to breed,  maybe not enough food for the females,  or possibly just bad luck with fry surviving.   What kind of filter,  if any,  did you have on the pond? 

On 9/24/2023 at 6:10 PM, MN-AQUARIST said:

To my eye you definitely have a trio,  the one with the notch in the anal fin is the male. A few things to consider with the lack of fry could be the parents predating them,  certain insects could eat them, temps were to warm for them to breed,  maybe not enough food for the females,  or possibly just bad luck with fry surviving.   What kind of filter,  if any,  did you have on the pond? 

Just a large sponge filter. water temps between 58-79 throughout the summer.

Well that is a bit puzzling,  by most accounts that should have worked.  Personally I would try de-worming the fish now that they are back inside and then upping the amount and frequency of feeding to see if you can trigger them to breed. I think the trout goodieds have a long gestation period so it may just be a waiting game.