Anubias brown

Cinnebuns

I really hope this is just a nutrient issue. 6.7 gallon tank. Nitrates were low last I tested so I put 1 pump easy green in. Today it looks worse and like this. The tank is having other issues with a betta right now that's being covered in diseases so I'm really hoping this doesn't mean there's something more severe going on in the tank. They were doing fine in a previous tank. Both are low stocked and low nitrates. 

First is a 5 gallon with 3 mini rabbit snails. It got 1 pump of easy green several weeks ago and no fertilizer since. The 1 anubias that's been left in there is doing fine. It also gets very little light

2nd tank is 6.7 gallon half-moon with 1 betta and a handful of ramshorn snails. I put in 1 pump of easy green about 2 weeks ago and then another yesterday. It does get light. Maybe too much light?

Edit to add:  I just remembered I recently put salt in this tank at 1 TBSP per 2 gallons. It's slightly less now because I did a 30% water change. Maybe salt is the issue?

20230920_223422.jpg

20230920_223428.jpg

Edited by Cinnebuns

On 9/20/2023 at 11:36 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I really hope this is just a nutrient issue. 6.7 gallon tank. Nitrates were low last I tested so I put 1 pump easy green in. Today it looks worse and like this. The tank is having other issues with a betta right now that's being covered in diseases so I'm really hoping this doesn't mean there's something more severe going on in the tank. They were doing fine in a previous tank. Both are low stocked and low nitrates. 

First is a 5 gallon with 3 mini rabbit snails. It got 1 pump of easy green several weeks ago and no fertilizer since. The 1 anubias that's been left in there is doing fine. It also gets very little light. 

2nd tank is 6.7 gallon half-moon with 1 betta and a handful of ramshorn snails. I put in 1 pump of easy green about 2 weeks ago and then another yesterday. It does get light. Maybe too much light?

Edit to add:  I just remembered I recently put salt in this tank at 1 TBSP per 2 gallons. It's slightly less now because I did a 30% water change. Maybe salt is the issue?

20230920_223422.jpg

20230920_223428.jpg

Salt is the first thing that I think of. With plants I put 1 TBSP per 10 gallons. Is the rhizome healthy?

On 9/21/2023 at 6:41 PM, Cinnebuns said:

The rhizome was my other concern. I did glue them to driftwood. Maybe too much glue?

I’ve glued mine to driftwood with no problem. As long as you keep the glue to the bottom and don’t cover it there shouldn’t be an issue

On 9/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, Cinnebuns said:

The rhizome was my other concern. I did glue them to driftwood. Maybe too much glue?

I've had issues when I glue the actual rhizome so now I just glue the roots. That being said, of the rhizome is mushy, it's a goner, but if it's healthy, I would lean toward deficiency. 

• Thanks 1