endler fry and guppy fry

HelplessNewbie

My endler and guppy girls are pregnant. One has already given birth to 5. I plan to keep a dozen each of endler and guppy fry, which will be grown in different tanks. Any ideas on how to dispose of the rest to recoup some of my hobby expenses (I know they won't fetch much)? I am willing to ship.

I was told my endlers are N Class but the guy I bought from has no documentation (yet, he claims). So, effectively these are P class?

My panda guppies are in the same tank as mutt guppies, but the females were already impregnated, so I am certain their fry will be panda's. Except, now they are all in the same tank... will panda guppy fry look different from mutt guppy fry?

The mutt guppies were juveniles that I am certain my metallic blue impregnated while they were in quarantine together.

At some point, I would like to stabilize their numbers, so that means separating them by sex? I have read this can be a whack-a-mole situation due to females holding sperm and some switching sexes?

If I kept my single male endler, my blue metallic guppy and male panda guppy together, will they kill each other? Will they be okay with 7 longfin zebra danio?

On 9/15/2023 at 11:53 PM, HelplessNewbie said:

Any ideas on how to dispose of the rest

Try LFS or Craigslist/EBay/etc… you won’t make billions but it’s still something.

So, effectively these are P class?

Unless proven otherwise. Can you visually tell that they’re N class? 

will panda guppy fry look different from mutt guppy fry?

Once they grow out the difference should be much more apparent. 

would like to stabilize their numbers,

Try intoducing a fry-eating fish instead. Apistos or bettas. 

The male livebearer combo would work, but they may get aggressive due to lack of females . Long fin zebra fish are a good option. 

On 9/16/2023 at 5:44 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Can you visually tell that they’re N class? 

Here are photos. Will you help confirm? The seller said he got his stock from Adrian HD Hernandez. The second photo shows a little more light blue.Screenshot_20230916-101452.png.ca24386b897d0fa51870bd1f8da88f5c.png

Screenshot_20230915-171619.png.0fcc936ba144396f0c91903b563459e1.png

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Out of curiosity, do you think my longfin zebra danios would eat guppy fry?

Edited by HelplessNewbie