Fin Rot on Betta?

Alex S.

Does it look like this betta has fin rot on its dorsal fin? I noticed it looking like this tonight, but I honestly can’t tell if it’s been like this or if this is new. All of my water parameters have been normal, and the betta as acted normal, eating well and swimming actively around the tank! I’m drying to decide if I should pull it from the tank and medicate or if it’s ok! Any suggestions? 

D9969497-B561-4D71-A800-C3DBCA4BD5FD.jpeg

Edited by Alex S.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:01 PM, Zac said:

I’d say it’s too soon to decide especially if you don’t know if it’s new or not. I’d keep an eye on it

Looking back at some old pictures I found, this is what its dorsal fin looked like back in May. It definitely looks like it’s changed a little, but is it possible that that is just normal change?

Are there any specific signs I should be looking at? They would indicate it’s time to move it to a quarantine tank and medicate?

7B5732D4-CF18-4382-9B39-E7BCBEB48EC1.jpeg

On 8/20/2023 at 11:18 PM, Alex S. said:

Looking back at some old pictures I found, this is what its dorsal fin looked like back in May. It definitely looks like it’s changed a little, but is it possible that that is just normal change?

Are there any specific signs I should be looking at? They would indicate it’s time to move it to a quarantine tank and medicate?

7B5732D4-CF18-4382-9B39-E7BCBEB48EC1.jpeg

If it the fin deteriorates more and develops a black, white, or red coloration. Also if the fish’s behavior changes. It looks like a nipped fin to me. As long as the waters clean it should heal fine 

Edited by Zac
  • Thanks 1