HelplessNewbie's 20g planted tank

Tank today (sorry, with lots of glare, this is the view from bedside)

20240624_163954_HDR2.jpg.696d80d1b5e13a8f46292809cc99ab03.jpg

Am waiting to feel better before removing the DIY polisher on left.

Madagasgar lace plants simply don't like this setup. It may be a long while before I give it a try in another tank.

Crypt lutea is bouncing back. Hornwort needs trimming.

Another batch of black bar endler babies were born. All obvious male endlers had been moved to kids' 10g, so this is now the female and baby endler nursery. Thinking of interbreeding a male blue star endler with female black bar endlers. We don't know if it will work out.

None of the fish, not even the Bolivian ram nor ricefish, seem to eat the fry. I have observed that our family's endlers nor panda guppies eat their young.

• Love 2

@HelplessNewbie

My adult breeders (wild caught) have really deepened considerably in red as they have gotten older (they look amazing), while everything I have in grow-out looks more translucent orange like your fish (for the obvious reason that they came from the same batch). 

I'm still a bit new to these fish, so I'm hoping you can update us on how your fish change, or do not change, in terms of color as time goes by.

I'll try to snap some picks of the adults (they are very camera shy!)

On 6/24/2024 at 5:03 PM, HelplessNewbie said:

Maybe they can help lower the endler population.

My guess is yes, if the fry are small enough. These fish are fast and voracious eaters.