Baby Ramshorn? ID?

BeeGryphon

Hi all! I saw a little thing on one of my pods at fish dinner time, took a zoom in and it looks like a bitty ramshorn to me, but I've never kept any before. Last live plants I added were over a month ago (Marimo ball might have been a little later, 3-4 weeks??). Everything since then has been fish or dry botanicals. Is it possible this guy hitched a ride so long ago? Of course my nerites went nocturnal a few days in so for all I know I have a whole army of ramshorns coming out to party every night.

IMG_20230409_175027116.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Looks like a baby ramshorn to me definitely plausible it came in on the last plant order

Thanks! I reached into the tank a bit ago to move a couple things around and when I pulled my hand out, there were two more hitching a ride! So yeah I'm guessing I had some eggs that either recently hatched or these guys are feeling big and confident enough (they're tiny) to be moving out in the open now.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

I personally like them I have them in most of my tanks

I think they look really cool, and the babies are super cute! I'm leaving them be for right now. I do have a betta so I'm just hoping he doesn't try to eat their antenna when they get bigger.