Honey Gourami eating Hornwort but not seen eating any other foods.

Nebula

I have a 20 gallon long tank thats got a big clump of horn wort floating along the top of the tank.  The Honey Gourami has been voraciously tearing into it recently and has not been seen eating anything else. It has been going to the bathroom consistently so its eating but I have not seen it eat anything other then hornwort. I have fed him fish flakes, vibra bites, and even betta pellets. What am I missing here? 

fish pics.jpg

fish pics 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is very nice to the other fish no one bullies' him, and he just vibes around the tank minding his business, he has been in the tank for about a week or so. when I go to feed the fish because of the platies I spread the food s far as possible. he will see it but never go for it. I am just not sure what is up with him. 

• Like 1

They love floating plants, and even though mine is not, It is commonly said that honeys can be shy. They are def shy eaters in general. Maybe he feels more confident around the hornwort in general?

You seem to have platies so that is probably a yes but, does it have enough veggy content in its food? 

In my experience, they love bbs. Maybe give it a go and see how it reacts to food! Maybe it is picky about the food you feed.

If it poops brown and healthily, it is eating. But fish can poop without eating too as far as I know, it just looks empty poop that way

• Like 2