Mini Rabbit Snails

Cinnebuns

I've seen mini rabbit snails listed on one site for a long time but not once in stock. I once heard cory mention he got some mini rabbit snails. Other than that, I have no clue where you can get them or even if they are legit a thing or just a myth and a hoax and just baby rabbit snails sold as minis. Any ideas?

On 3/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I've seen mini rabbit snails listed on one site for a long time but not once in stock. I once heard cory mention he got some mini rabbit snails. Other than that, I have no clue where you can get them or even if they are legit a thing or just a myth and a hoax and just baby rabbit snails sold as minis. Any ideas?

Interesting! I have normal orange posos and they are big

Ive just done some googling and the ones sold as minis are claimed to reach 1 inch adult size. Normal rabbits change sizes a lot based on their species, but overall, most of the classic rabbits in the hobby are bigger than 1 inch size, so they must be something different.

Can they be potentially triangle rabbit snails (Tylomelania sinobartfeldi) and named different in the hobby?

On 3/5/2023 at 3:42 PM, Theplatymaster said:

i may have seen these at my LFS, but those might have just been tiny normal rabbit snails.

Very likely, as big ones tend to give birth during transportation stress if I am not wrong. My lfs have its tank full of babies too since they got them in