JU5T's Boring 10g Learning Experience Journal (nothing to see here)

JU5T

My first planted tank learning experience. Really boring. Probably just pictures of plants dying. I'll update this first post and first pic to show how it's looking currently.

Currently: 10g, Crypt Wendtii, Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus, Scarlet Temple

20230223_053124.jpg.43bbc8673168810c3a73c92ba0326c24.jpg

Fish: None

Plans: Remove Scarlet Temple if it doesn't survive. Replace with Java Ferns attached to rocks in the background. Add Pothos/Spiderwort to the filter and a side hanger. Add 2 pea puffers I already have.

Journal first step:

20230216_131121.jpg.7b2932a996134c7a42cebe8d3e464064.jpg

Until now I've only ever kept Goldfish (several years ago) which was quite the workout. I love them, but I was up for a new challenge. Something I could grow live plants in and fish that were easier to care for. I have 2 pea puffers (I guess I'm attracted to little poop machines) that are currently in my son's tank. After this one is more established and is done cycling I will add them.

Edited by JU5T
update
  • Like 1

I know. I give me a 50/50 chance.

2 pea puffs I got at my LFS. They were in their display tank. They are a fully grown pair of male/female buddies. Where one goes the other follows. I'm not sure how much life they have left in them, I didn't ask, but they are really well tempered and currently living in my son's planted tank. He's trying to teach me the ropes.

• Like 1