Aquarium books I happen to have - one from 1908!

Birdsnstuff

I picked a lot of these at our local used bookstore back in the late 1990's - early 2000's. That was the last time I really paid attention to the evolving hobby. I've had tanks this whole time buuutttt let's just say they have been fixtures not projects. The groovy 70's booklet - "look honey, it's a fish tank!" I think I had her hairstyle once....

I also bought the original late 90's Walstad book in 2002. Hence my actual dirt from my yard tank. Also not pictured, Freshwater Tanks for Dummies (1997 dummies). My reading was all over the place but knowledge comes from everywhere. It's a case of the more things change, the more they stay the same. Technology and the fishes may have changed but don't over stock, don't overfeed, and do your water changes are still good rules to follow.

67B1A48C-91DD-4833-A02F-F5D8F1AFAB7F.jpeg.6afbfaa5d12d9d819ab4e9aba3b737e5.jpeg

Random books and booklets

Amano books I bought then too.IMG_1200.jpeg.f67236e33dca55f49f365bb1f87e2d88.jpeg

Edited by Birdsnstuff
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

This is really cool! I just found a Metaframe Gro-Wel catalog from 1965 on Ebay.  I am in love with the Metaframe tanks, so I'm excited to have more information on them. 

My husband and I love antique stores, but I never thought about fishkeeping books. I am definately going to browse that section next time we go!

• Like 1
  • Love 1