Moving 5 gallon tabk with many guppies

Scapexghost

I went through something similar, I can tell you it will most likely slosh everywhere, at least it did for me, I would bag them if I had to do it again 

I took some to a friend a few hours away and started with them in a small nano tank half drained, ended up turning around to rethink things, put them in a deeper 5 gallon bucket with a screen top and an air pump, it was still awful, they sloshed everywhere, none sloshed out but it was stressful, I would if I were you or if I go through it again prep them like you are preparing to ship them to someone and take them for the trip like that or something similar, bags, styrofoam, boxes, newspaper or something to keep them from moving around to much/ stay insulated etc.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 4:37 AM, Scapexghost said:

So i need to move this tank 300 miles by car. Should i bag up the fish and and everything else, or should i just drain the tank half way and transfer everything like that?

I agree with @CJs Aquatics, bagging them will save time and probably the odd fish from being crushed by decorations. Went through something similar with shrimp…looking at a 20-30% loss😢

• Thanks 1