Can palaemonetes ghost shrimp and neocaridina be bred in large quantities in the same tank?

EmmaFish

Hello!

I have a well-established planted 10 gallon tank, and I was wondering if the ghost shrimp would scare the neocaridina into not breeding, if the ghost shrimp felt they did not have enough room or became territorial. I used to have ghost shrimp in a separate tank, and I would watch them snatch fish flakes I dropped in straight from the surface of the water. I would also watch them run over smaller ghost shrimp, and scare the smaller ones away from the food. I was wondering if both ghost shrimp and neocaridina could be bred in the same tank.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:29 PM, EmmaFish said:

Hello!

I have a well-established planted 10 gallon tank, and I was wondering if the ghost shrimp would scare the neocaridina into not breeding, if the ghost shrimp felt they did not have enough room or became territorial. I used to have ghost shrimp in a separate tank, and I would watch them snatch fish flakes I dropped in straight from the surface of the water. I would also watch them run over smaller ghost shrimp, and scare the smaller ones away from the food. I was wondering if both ghost shrimp and neocaridina could be bred in the same tank.

I have heard about ghost shrimp being predatory towards Neocaridina shrimplets… but I’m told that some get through. If it’s a breed-for-profit tank you’re doing, maybe try some Endlers. Here’s one of mine:!

DDAC9269-E6E1-4AFE-BFB3-4960AB5DBB57.jpeg

• Love 1