Cory saved me from my own stupidity

kevincanada

I thought all was perfect in my indoor pond and was watching a video about test kits that Cory did. i thought everything was perfect but figured i'd do it anyway. turns out, the nitrate was off the charts! everything else was perfect but the pump had seized on the hyrdoponic (nitrate removal part of the system) and was no longer removing nitrate.

many water changes later all is well and the nitrate is gone, but i feel its a good reminder to never be complacent and assume crystal clear water is equally perfect. 

thanks Cory!

• Like 3

On 11/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, kevincanada said:

I thought all was perfect in my indoor pond and was watching a video about test kits that Cory did. i thought everything was perfect but figured i'd do it anyway. turns out, the nitrate was off the charts! everything else was perfect but the pump had seized on the hyrdoponic (nitrate removal part of the system) and was no longer removing nitrate.

many water changes later all is well and the nitrate is gone, but i feel its a good reminder to never be complacent and assume crystal clear water is equally perfect. 

thanks Cory!

Got lucky there!