Glo Corys in chain stores

billango

Not sure how many people this is news to but this is the first time I've seen a GloFish corydora in stores. I've heard that was going to become a thing but it seems like it has now made it into the big chain stores. Not really my jam but I don't have strong judgements on GloFish. I am curious what is the next fish they will attempt this with though. Glo Mbu puffer when?Snapchat-1845644200.jpg.a970d37f7995384099205b954d3afea6.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, Pepere said:

In a few months I am upgrading to a 29 gallon display tank replacing my 20 high.

when I do the 20 high is going in at lower level and will be a glofish tank for my 2 3 year old grandsons.  I figure on glo cories and glo tetras..  

I think that’s awesome for your grandkids!  Glowfish are also not my jam but at least cories are very peaceful and fairly hardy. The other glowfish are hyper and semi (some even full out) aggressive for a community tank. My daughter wanted some so bad but I refused to dedicate a tank for just the danios or just the tetras (as housing both adequately required such a big tank). She now keeps several planted betta tanks. 

On 10/24/2022 at 10:05 PM, billango said:

Not sure how many people this is news to but this is the first time I've seen a GloFish corydora in stores. I've heard that was going to become a thing but it seems like it has now made it into the big chain stores. Not really my jam but I don't have strong judgements on GloFish. I am curious what is the next fish they will attempt this with though. Glo Mbu puffer when?Snapchat-1845644200.jpg.a970d37f7995384099205b954d3afea6.jpg

They look OK, but you can see the price tag on them: 13 bucks? I’d rather buy two regular Aeneus Cories  for that!