removing nitrates from my 300 gallon indoor pond

kevincanada

i used a hydroponic kit with a pump on a timer. this shows the intial setup and then a pic from this morning. nitrates read 0 and fish are super happy and healthy. i find it cleaner and easier than having the roots in with fish. they previously ate the roots of a taro plant on the side so i figured this would solve that issue at least.

cheers

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

intialhydro.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 10/15/2022 at 5:03 PM, kevincanada said:

i used a hydroponic kit with a pump on a timer. this shows the intial setup and then a pic from this morning. nitrates read 0 and fish are super happy and healthy. i find it cleaner and easier than having the roots in with fish. they previously ate the roots of a taro plant on the side so i figured this would solve that issue at least.

cheers

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

intialhydro.jpg

It’s nice how you post the solution to a problem instead of asking for one. Hats off to you 😏

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, kevincanada said:

cheers

Just curious, but What kind of fish are in the pond and what were your nitrates at before the hydroponics kit?