29 gal stocking

AnotherHumanPerson

After a few months of dealing with a vicious algae bloom, I am finally ready to begin stocking the tank.

My water has a maxed out hardness, a ph of approx. 7.0, and a buffer of around 60.

I already have a few good ideas of what I  want in there. To start off, I want a centerpiece cobra endler colony. I have had a few on hold at my lfs that have been there for about a month now. I am also thinking of having a rainbowfish, either dwarf neons or gertudae. Finally, I am considering some kuhli loaches. Would this work out? Is there anything else that would with these?

On 10/14/2022 at 3:53 AM, AnotherHumanPerson said:

After a few months of dealing with a vicious algae bloom, I am finally ready to begin stocking the tank.

My water has a maxed out hardness, a ph of approx. 7.0, and a buffer of around 60.

I already have a few good ideas of what I  want in there. To start off, I want a centerpiece cobra endler colony. I have had a few on hold at my lfs that have been there for about a month now. I am also thinking of having a rainbowfish, either dwarf neons or gertudae. Finally, I am considering some kuhli loaches. Would this work out? Is there anything else that would with these?

Maybe add some algae eaters to keep the tank going in the long term … otherwise not a problem in sight!

I'd personally recommend the Gertrudae over the Dwarf Neons. Dwarf Neons stay small, but I feel the smaller Gertrudae may do a bit better with the tiny endlers long-term in terms of eating fry and such - not that that Dwarf Neons would be incompatible, by any means.

On 10/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, Chris said:

I'd personally recommend the Gertrudae over the Dwarf Neons. Dwarf Neons stay small, but I feel the smaller Gertrudae may do a bit better with the tiny endlers long-term in terms of eating fry and such - not that that Dwarf Neons would be incompatible, by any means.

Thanks for the feedback! I was conflicted as to which I should get. They both seem like such cool fish.

• Like 1