Add a Bolivian Ram or no?

NanotankBank

Hello all,

I Have a well cycled and operating 29gal aquarium. Currently stocked with: 1 Juvenile Angelfish, 5 Honey Gouramis, 1 Bolivian Ram, 4 Corydoras (used to be 7, RIP), and 4 snails. My Bolivian Ram, Billy Jr. (Rip Billy Sr.), appears to be less active than when I first got him a few weeks back. He was very active with the other Bolivians in the tank at the LFS. So should I get another Bolivian for him (female more than likely) or do y’all think my tank is too overstocked as is and i shouldn’t do it. I do 30-40% water changes weekly as well as run 2 sponge filters that are meant for bigger tanks, to maximize filtration. Thanks!

• Like 1

I feel like each personality is different.  You may get another Ram that is chill and good with a buddy.  My two continue to have a love hate relationship.  The big one continues to dominate the smaller one to the point the smaller one hides more now.  That said, the smaller one tries to stay with the big one when the big one isn’t being a bully.  So I think the little one wants a buddy but the big one could care less.  Each personality is different.

I suspect I have two males.  Maybe a pair would get along better. 

• Like 1