I used to be a hard core gamer...

Cinnebuns

I used to spend all day every day on world of Warcraft and got pretty high end doing it. Now I haven't touched my computer in about a year. This week I moved my keyboard to make space for some small tanks for selective breeding ramshorn snails. Any bets on how long before the monitor is gone? Haha

20220827_230047.jpg

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2022 at 7:53 AM, TeeJay said:

The more important question here is were you alliance or horde?!

At the beginning horde. At the end alliance. 

Most often a healer and priest. At one point a feral druid for some odd reason. Both kitty and bear. Better logs as kitty. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:06 PM, Cinnebuns said:

At the beginning horde. At the end alliance. 

Most often a healer and priest. At one point a feral druid for some odd reason. Both kitty and bear. Better logs as kitty. 

Hunter was always my choice class. I stopped for a few years then spent like 130 bucks to start up again. Played for 2 weeks and was bored of it already.

On 8/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, TeeJay said:

Hunter was always my choice class. I stopped for a few years then spent like 130 bucks to start up again. Played for 2 weeks and was bored of it already.

I know a dev so I always got free game time and sometimes free expansions. I still have a year game time code somewhere unused lol

Edited by Cinnebuns

On 8/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I know a dev so I always got free game time and sometimes free expansions. I still have a year game time code somewhere unused lol

It just got to where if you didn't have top armor and all that nobody would want you. In there raids. I mean how are we suppost to get the gear we need if jerks don't want you to run it because your gear score isn't high enough. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:14 PM, TeeJay said:

It just got to where if you didn't have top armor and all that nobody would want you. In there raids. I mean how are we suppost to get the gear we need if jerks don't want you to run it because your gear score isn't high enough. 

I used to get paid to run people lol. Every week about a dozen or so people. They sit at the entrance or intentionally die depending on the fight and we kill it with 5+ fewer people than it's designed for. They get all the loot. 

I do get that frustration though. The game at times took far more time to see all the content than most people were able or willing to put in.  When I went casual I had similar issues. 

Edited by Cinnebuns

Also to add:  depending on which expansion you quit during, they did make some of that easier and more accessible. The days during attunements were the worst. Then gear score was still a barrier. They shortened that gap by allowing anyone to get a few piece of the highest gear possible each week. 

Edited by Cinnebuns

I keep thinking of stuff lol

The term gear score makes me think of wrath ish times.  Later they used a different system but was still gear related. Much later than that the system changed to a ranking that correlated more with skill than gear. It wasn't perfect, nothing is, but it was much better. It meant I would take someone with less gear but a higher io than someone with more gear but clearly bought it all because they had no io at all. It also meant things could happen like my io on my main could help my alt get into groups.