GBR community tank

Gboi83

Hope everyone is doing well. 

I just got back into the hobby during Covid. I’ve setup a 29 gallon South America themed community tank. Plenty of swords, stem plants and a few Tiger Lotus plants. 

I plan to make a pair of GBR’s as my show fish. As a readily of the high temp required (82-84 degrees) I’m having trouble identifying a Cory other than Sterbai that can survive in this range. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Im also adding a school of Ember Tetraa and Cardinals. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:53 AM, Gboi83 said:

Hope everyone is doing well. 

I just got back into the hobby during Covid. I’ve setup a 29 gallon South America themed community tank. Plenty of swords, stem plants and a few Tiger Lotus plants. 

I plan to make a pair of GBR’s as my show fish. As a readily of the high temp required (82-84 degrees) I’m having trouble identifying a Cory other than Sterbai that can survive in this range. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Im also adding a school of Ember Tetraa and Cardinals. 

I don't believe that there is any other Cory besides the Sterbai that can live in temperatures higher than 80 degrees. If you want some sort of bottom dweller that can live in high temperatures, try Kuhli Loaches. They are usually calm and get along with other tank mates.