Plant Light Switch

Is the aquaeon light any good, really? 
I’m trying to figure out why the Monte Carlo in one of my tanks is thriving and one is just ok to meh. 
Scenario: I have 6g tank with an aquaeon clip on plant light with 3 Monte carlos, a single betta and random ramshorn snail hitchhikers. 
Plants: 3 Monte Carlo, random Christmas moss and 4 lucky bamboo growing out of the aquarium. 

At the same time I planted the 3 Monte Carlo in the 6g, I planted the 4th in a very heavily planted/stocked 55g with a finnex light and incidentally in a spot that gets shaded occasionally as other plants grow.

The Monte Carlo were all in good shape when they were planted, I easy green all the tanks based on nitrate levels (I aim for 20ish ppm) and all were plants given 2 easy root tabs upon planting and on a monthly tab schedule. But the 3 in 6g are just ok, but the 1 in the 55g (that actually has a ton of competition for nutrients in all the other plants around it) is thriving. It looks great. 

All that to say - is it the light? I feel like maybe the aquaeon is not a great light at all, I was hoping that it being as close to the plants as it is, it would work but I’m doubting that now. Anyone switched light brands and found it was a huge determining factor on a tank that small?