Help with an extremely pregnant guppy!

KungFuKoi-ish

FD38F27E-667A-45E6-AF89-2CD872438F53.jpeg.003b4c1c1a7e82f373c85a369d13409e.jpeg

Here’s mama after all is said and done. I think she still has some fry to drop, but she was real stressed in the breeder box and the bebbies could somehow effortlessly escape their well-intentioned prison!

Speaking of bebbies!

6995F5A9-7E96-4CD4-8737-F3B9332EC5A7.jpeg.1e1b5dc96fe16f435d0f5f9b86449535.jpeg

These little ones are fearless! I’ve seen them hanging right beside their elders without a care. They also seem to prefer schooling in open water, forgoing the cover of water lettuce or HCJ. In the future I hope to have a whole grow out system of tanks, but for now I’m hoping to community breed this brood!

Edit: I had a thought with regards to that strange white fluff and string, that a few others have run into. Could that have been a malformed fry? That little string may have been a decaying spine or something 🤔

Edited by KungFuKoi-ish
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I’m glad to hear that she gave birth and appears well:-) 

One of my guppy strains appears prone to small prolapses—2 or 3 of the breeding females have small bulges in that area 24/7. None of my other kinds of guppies have any at all. The good news is they are fully functional and other than looking a bit odd, no issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:41 AM, KungFuKoi-ish said:

B E B B I E S was born!

Mama looking good and healthy.

The other guppers don’t seem to have a hunger for their kin-folk.

Thank you all 🙏 I would’a been a wreck without your guidance!

Thank God. I was so worried that you may lose her. Congratulations! What a roller coaster!

On 5/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, PineSong said:

I’m glad to hear that she gave birth and appears well:-) 

One of my guppy strains appears prone to small prolapses—2 or 3 of the breeding females have small bulges in that area 24/7. None of my other kinds of guppies have any at all. The good news is they are fully functional and other than looking a bit odd, no issues.

Yeah, my blue Galaxy strain is this way. I have stopped breeding them until I can find another breeder to diversify my breeding stock.

• Love 1