Unlabeled betta. Can anyone identify this betta?

R Budds

He's a handsome Double-tail (male)!

ETA: It does look like a male, but since I can't actually see the shape of the internal organs I can't be 100% but it sure looks like a male based on the larger overall fins, larger ventral fin and visible beard.

Edited by AndreaW
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply Andrea. I was thinking male, but its fins are much shorter than my other betta. Of course it's a different breed and still quite small. The red highlights really pop under the greenish nightlight in the tank.

20220324_105704.jpg.0c6b93ac4a673771f5589306aa09d9ac.jpg

This picture is fussy but you can see the red.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:03 AM, Robert Bourdess said:

I was thinking male, but its fins are much shorter than my other betta. Of course it's a different breed and still quite small. The red highlights really pop under the greenish nightlight in the tank.

If he's young, you can expect those fins to grow! They usually come in clear at first and then gain their color (in case you don't know -- some people worry when they see clear fins). I really do think male with his beard hanging out of his gills.

He has beautiful coloring! Originally, I was going to get a red/blue/turquoise long-finned Betta until my Cosmo (Plakat Koi Betta) chose me! :classic_wink:

• Like 1