Stem plant ID?

I got some free cuttings recently of a stem plant that I think is a type of ludwigia? There was a lot of pink (but not really red) on the original leaves. You can see the new growth in my QT tank as a smaller, green leaf. The light on it isn't great, but the plants seem happy. 

20220309_121228crop.jpg.53980171326a3afa3d98bfb3eb55bfab.jpg

On 3/22/2022 at 4:53 PM, JoeQ said:

Bacopa Carolina can which the tall stem might be but its hard to tell without seeing the top

All the stems are from the same plant in question, the second picture is some time after I trimmed and replanted the tops - you can see the ends of several of those. Perhaps the added photo I have from when they arrived will be more helpful.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, Greg Stewart said:

@Jawjagrrl If it was reddish when you got it, it could be bacopa caroliana colorata.If it is, you probably need more light, and better controlled nitrates, to turn it red again,

They get easy green weekly, but need more light for sure. I got these during a horrible cold snap that meant even large parts of FL froze. I'm in GA so I get plants from FL in the winter months, but this stuff sat in Miami for 3 days before even getting to ATL. I mostly wrote it off, but it has recovered decently. I wanted a better idea of the potential size of this when it comes time to plant my new 75s. 

Bacopa Carolina and Moneywort look pretty much the same when small (atleast in my tank) when my Carolina grows tall, its really the only time the tips turn red. Depending on what your tank has will dictate if your plant turns red again. To me the plants you received looked like they were grown in high light and co2 and without this you might grow the same plant but they wont look the same. 

@Jawjagrrl Bacopa sp. will get TALL if you give it enough light and food. I have B. Monnieri taking over my 38 gal, and I have to throw out a bunch every few weeks, as i just have far too much of it.

But, if you do't give it intense enough light, it will get leggy. make sure your plant lamp puts out good PAR at subsrate to keep it bushy all the way down the stem.

I can't remember if B. Caroliana Colorata is one of those reds that wants very minimal nitrates (like rotala, ludwigia mini, and alternanthera), or if it needs higher nitrates and iron to turn red. You'll have to look that up.